Sunday, August 15, 2010

Six goals to keep in mind (before 2011)...

These are things I want to accomplish or at least make good headway on before 2011. As I've said before, I make lists for everything. Its just sort of a way to organize my thoughts and remind me to stay on track. I feel like if I put these up they might stick in my head throughout the year, so here we go:



One:
Collect furniture, decor, and supplies for our apartment.
Shop the thrift stores, yard sales, and CL
for deals and good vintage finds.
(I've already begun this process, but I want to be prepared)

Two:
Take more photos of day-to-day life.
Make sure to capture the things that I love
and that make me happy.
Keep in mind that this is the time of my life
I will look back on fondly 
and it will be wonderful to have it documented.
(Also, I'd like to possibly get a nicer camera,
and maybe another instant to help the process along ;)

Three:
Experiment with and learn more about baking.
Hone my cupcake skills 
(specifically practice frosting techniques,
vegan, and healthy recipes)
Cook my way through the cupcake cookbooks I have
and learn by trial and error.
Also, come up with my own recipes and variations.
Put together a recipe book or box.

Four:
Find time to study for BOTH
college
and 
my craft(s)
This way I will be learning and practicing both
the creative and business sides 
of what it takes to start the kind of business
I hope to one day own.

Five:
Start an idea board
Cork/chalk board or bubbles where I can post:
a) things that inspire me and make me want to do something.
b) ideas I have for crafts, recipes, decor, projects, etc.

Six:
Find time to get out with the people I love
travel
take day trips
explore
go to the park
go on long drives
whatever it may be...make some memories <3

No comments:

Post a Comment